Speech Therapy For Children
Speech Therapy for Children at Fired Up People aims to help children who have challenges with being understood, speaking to others, using the right type of language in social situations, or who have difficulty with feeding and swallowing.
At Fired Up People our Speech Therapists are skilled in understanding how hearing problems, sensory integration difficulties, anxiety, Autism, establishing social confidence, ADHD and visual processing problems together with a range of other challenges can have an impact on communication.
Our Speech Therapists Help Children With The Following Difficulties
- Language development (understanding and speaking)
- Speech development (articulation, stuttering, dyspraxia)
- Literacy (reading and writing)
- Connecting and relating to others
- Swallowing/eating or drinking (difficulty eating, fussy eaters, limited food choices and more)
- Auditory processing
- Voice; and
- Social communication (eg. greetings, making friends, social interactions)
Key Signs That Your Child May Need Speech Therapy
- Withdrawal from social situations;
- Attention or concentration problems;
- Behavioural difficulties;
- Difficulties following directions;
- Difficulties with using the correct grammar or words in a sentence;
- Uncontrolled Frustration;
- Difficulties in the classroom (listening and completing school activities);
- Difficulties with reading or writing (making up words, skipping words, mispronouncing, guessing, not liking to read);
- Echoing language – repeating the last word you say as their answer; and
- Difficulties with making friends
Early Intervention Can Reduce The Impact On Your Child
There are many things that can impact on your child’s ability to communicate. Sometimes these can be easily fixed particularly with early intervention.
The Fired-Up People team are skilled in a number of techniques to help your child with the following areas of development:
- Articulation; (e.g. lisping etc);
- Auditory processing;
- Autism Spectrum Disorder;
- Understanding and following instructions;
- Language development (receptive & expressive)
- SOS Feeding;
- Social communication and social confidence;
- Speech Development; and more
We are confident we can help you or your loved ones learn to maximise life early.
Call now to talk about how we can help you!